Completed Scientific Research Programs
- A general biodiversity survey program was conducted in two years of 1998 and 1999. This is the power and wisdom of 55 scientists and 17 national and international staff of Pu Mat National Park. The results provide a synthesis of data on the biodiversity of the Park. In 2003, a plant diversity survey program was conducted focusing on populations in limestone areas by experts from Hanoi National University.
- Wildlife Rescue and released into the forest: Since the establishment of rescue centers, wildlife rescue center has received, rescued and release to the forest thousands of individuals of mammals, birds, reptiles. These animals were confiscated by ranger stations in the province and Park’s Forest Management and Protection Board. A number of rare animals are by rescue center ensured the health and release to wild are Fire Wolf, Bears, Leopard, Python.
- Keep storage specimens at museum: Pu Mat National Park is one of the few national parks in Vietnam has Museum system that can help to visit, research and study. Currently the specimens are stored at the museum include:
- Plant: There are 36 storage cabinets with 10,064 specimens of 144 species of 1311 families
- Animals and reptiles: 21 specimens that were stuffed.
- Butterflies store: 304 specimens (198 specimens of butterflies; 106 specimens of moth)
- Fish: 71 specimens including 71 species of 6 set of 17 families (freshwater).
Flora and fauna specimens are precious documentation for researching. These specimens are very favorable to visitors and scientists.
Besides, the continuation of collection of additional specimens is still conducted regularly. In the first 6 months of 2006, two surveys of plants has conducted in Kem Waterfall, the 200 additional plant specimens was collected.
In addition to further investigation of plant specimens, Scientific Department in cooperation with experts of the Institute of Ecology and Biological Resources, ants classification experts from Kagoshima University in Japan investigated the ants regional system of Parks. Results were a collection over 140 specimens of 78 species of 40 genera, 9 subfamilies in Pu Mat National Park.
- Photo trap program: Implementation from 1998-2002 collected 556 photographs of 50 species of mammals, birds, reptiles including precious species that was first photographed at field in Vietnam, they are Sao La, Stripes Rabbit, Tiger, Elephant, Bear, Wild Fire, Stripes Civet.
- Forest variable positioning system cells monitoring program: 12 cells had been established with a total area of 205.000m2 constitute 0.02% of the Park area. Current inventory of cells was then counted and demarked for annually monitoring.
- To assess and build the regional monitoring system for the animal regional system, in 2003 the consultants of the Center for International Bird Conservation (Birdlife) have conducted studies to investigate the system in some interesting areas of Khe Bong, Khe Bu.
- In 2004 Scientific Department and international cooperation have made the research program include: investigating primate program; survey distribution program, ecological characteristics, the ability to regenerate and test the ability of generation a number of conifers in Pu Mat National Park.
- In 2005 survey programs was conducted, research insects and birds in Pu Mat National Park and ends late in 2006.
- In addition to programs made above, the staff of the Scientific Department in cooperation with experts has carried out many research programs which are: program of green office, eco-tourism programs, resettlement program for Dan Lai ethnic people, Assessment Program uses state trafficking of wildlife in the area, conservation programs with the participation in Khe Bong, reviews program of preliminary population limestone in the buffer zone and the core zone...